Wednesday 25 May 2011

A rainy day...

I remember:

waking up to the sound of thunder rumbling and cracking outside. I remember get hurt on my toe as I sprinted off my bed to go outside. And my tiny little toe still throbs in pain. I remember shielding my eyes from the sudden light I had welcomed myself to. I remember the rush of cool and gentle breeze which  caressed my face and and made my hair fly in every direction. I remember the giggle that escaped my throat when my hair tickled my neck. It felt wonderful. 
Then. I remember seeing my mother frantically scurrying around the balcony in haste of picking up the dried clothes while murmuring something . I remember how I decided on not to help her and enjoy the commotion. I remember noticing my father sitting in a corner- lost in the newspaper seeming unaware of the nature's delight. And oh yes. I do remember frowning a little on seeing him like that. But I also remember seeing his face hidden behind the newspaper- the pleasant smile which spread across his lit up face.
I remember seeing the trees sway to the rhythm of the wind. Congregating  as they danced in joy. I remember the the sound of birds, singing to the winds in delight. And the one I saw perched on a corner who fluttered its water drenched wings sprinkling tiny drops of water around, I remember that too. 
And I remember the rich earthen scent of wet clods of mud wafting in the air too. I remember how I puffed my lungs and inhaled the intoxicating fragrance smiling exuberantly to it all. I touched the leaves of the plants which were adorned with crystal like pristine raindrops and traced the patterns it formed. 
I remember the feeling of fresh drops against my skin. The coolness and purity of it penetrating inside me, piercing through and touching my soul.... It was beautiful.
I remember it all....
I remembering it all as I sit here the next day under the scorching and scathing sun...

4 comments:

  1. really captures the feeling.... i am just sad that i have got to read such a beautiful piece, under the wrath of the Sun.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sundar, first of all thank you so much. :)
    And. Yes. I understand.I felt the same. or at least something near to it.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you said about cold breeze, even i felt the same sensation! :P
    Hats Off!

    ReplyDelete