Friday 20 May 2011

Beautiful.

Crouched she was on the front seat of somebody's car while I, stood there- watching her beautiful self. Her hair were tied into a lose plat which hung on her waist. her fluid green eyes were set upon something distant- something which I could'nt see.
Every time I took notice of her face, a twinge of jealousy stifled inside me for me, despite having the same blood flowing in my veins as hers was not bequeathed with a face so pretty. Yes. she was my mother. My very beautiful maa. 

Standing there under the acknowledgeable shade of the tree I thought of how my insides are gushed with warmth at her sight. Just a mere sight could do that to me. And they say that only guys have the power to make a girls stomach flutter, I mused . The corners of mouth twitched into a smile. I waved at her. she turned her head towards me with surprised eyes, as if, my gesture had pulled her out of a reverie of thoughts. Her bewildered gazed stood upon me for a while.


 I smiled wider. She snapped out- enormity dawning upon her and her features rearranged- her face composed and serene. Her alabaster like skin, etched with wrinkles which made her look only more cuter, I saw. Upon her smooth skin were carved her perfect feautures, along with her round cheeks which were tainted with a pink hue- along each side of her lips which were always in the cusp of breaking into a lovely smile.Every bit of her face, of herself radiated love and warmth. and then there were those distinct eyes- gleaming with the light of knowledge. and yet. smoldering with fierce love. Those eyes. They spoke to me. Yes. She was beautiful. 


 I stood there, imprinting her face in my mind under the moonlit sky when a gentle breeze blew- making my     hair fluttering and swishing along, covering my face. I clucked my tongue in irritation and vehemently started moving the hair away from my eyes.this. Amused her. and she smiled wryly at me. I propped my hands against my chest and stared at her. again. And thats when I saw the difference.


I saw it. Behind the veil of beauty. There was something about her smile- it didn't reach her eyes. And as for her eyes. They spoke to me, yes. But they foretold and revealed the pain hidden behind them. Those eyes...they were almost writhing in pain. Her gazed pierced my heart.
My smile faltered.
But what was more was the finality I saw in them. Like the ultimate of something. Like a...goodbye. And thats when I saw a tear trickle down her eye. She was crestfallen.I inhaled a breath of shock. She was leaving. Going away.
Suddenly I felt a hand on my shoulder. Gasping I spun around only to see it was daddy. Finally. Now he will stop maa. I looked over him expectantly. He stood right next to me. His mouth pressed into a hard line. His eyebrows knitted together.
The words got caught in my throat, and the blood slithered down from my face as the realisation struck me. He wont stop her of course. he WANTS her to leave. 
For a moment I stood there. frozen to the ground. I have to stop her.I frantically shoved away my father's rigid hand and turned to face maa again. She. was already gone. Gliding away.. farther and farther. Fusing with the darkness of the night. I tried to run after her but couldnt move a muscle. I stood there... shrieking

Thats when my eyelids fluttered open and I wrenched up in my bed, screaming. My throat felt raspy as I tried to suck in air. Nightmare.
Mind has dredged up the things exactly what I had been trying so desperately to avoid. I sat at the foot of my bed uneasily, certain of not getting anymore sleep. Thinking of that beautiful face...




6 comments:

  1. See Zoya,
    First of all, I reckon you shouldn't call yourself Zoe, because it makes you sound like those cheeky midtown mad monkeys who would call themselves Jennifer just because their name is Jasmeet. I am so sorry for this, but this is one thing I don't stand. Though Zoe is a cute, Australian originated name.
    Secondly welcome, I blog seldom, but I do. Posted once when I was in class 8th.
    You've given this " beautiful" character a languid and a detailed description, and you just took "philosophy" and "realism" to another level. I totally loved it, and I could imagine that green "fluid" eyed character--and, I don't know how to explain, it's one of those mental things you know. :)
    And and and... I just thought that why do people come out with things I've always wanted to write on, the second, or the older post in which you "tried to explain your blogging activities--once even I thought of it.
    You're awesome,
    Nakul Grover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well.
    And this makes me realize that I seriously need to learn how to comment back
    Erm, Sorry Nakul.
    But nevertheless, Thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this one. is amazing
    it SO connects. its..VERY...suspending?
    my pulse's still to get back to normal :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zoya, For one, you write really well. And second, I don't usually compare, but this was even better than futile attempts. Like really touching.
    Keep Writing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Harsheen, thank you so much. :)

    ReplyDelete